Brain bioenergetics – From behavior to pathology
June 28 & 29, 2016 – EPFL
This symposium will address emerging issues on the role of brain bioenergetics for brain function, behavior and psycho- and neuro-pathologies. World-leading experts will provide recent insights from the fields of brain, behavior and metabolism, and their interplay.
Common coffee breaks and lunches with the speakers plus a poster session with a happy hour open to all attendees will complement the scientific presentations and foster the exchange of research ideas.
- Johan Auwerx - EPFL, CH
- Alon Chen - Max-Planck Institute of Psychiatry, DE and Weizmann Institute, IL
- Kim Do - Lausanne University Hospital, CH
- Claudio Hetz - University of Chile, CL and Harvard, US
- Richard Hunter - University of Massachusetts, US
- Oliver Kann - Heidelberg University, DE
- Tamas Kozicz - Radboud University, NL
- Nils-Göran Larsson - Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, DE
- Mary Kay Lobo - University of Maryland, US
- Pierre Magistretti - KAUST, SA and EPFL, CH
- Giovanni Marsicano - University of Bordeaux, FR
- Carmen Sandi - EPFL, CH
- Antonio Zorzano - University of Barcelona, ES
The symposium will take place on June 28 and June 29, 2016. The venue will be the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), SV 1717.1.
Organizers (all from EPFL, CH)
- Carmen Sandi, Head of Brain Mind Institute
- Johannes Gräff, Head of Laboratory of Neuroepigenetics
- Michael Herzog, Doctoral Program in Neuroscience
- Bernard Schneider, Neurodegenerative Studies Laboratory (Lecturer)
Deadline for poster abstract submissions is JUNE 10th, 2016. Please click here for more information.
Registration is mandatory for all participants and includes coffee breaks, lunch and drinks during the poster session
Registration fee: CHF 50.-
For BMI members, the registration fee is 20 CHF.
Click here for more information.